Fibre bread with sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds
250 g (gives about 530 grams of finished bread)
You can use this bread mix to make your own low-carb bread that contains no gluten, milk or yeast. One slice of bread contains just 1 gram of carbohydrates and 65 calories, but a full 8.5 g of dietary fibre. That’s 94% less carbohydrates and more than 4 times the fibre of regular whole wheat bread. The high fibre content means that this bread will help you feel full for longer.
- Only 1 g of carbohydrate per slice!
- Gluten-, milk- and yeast-free
- Easy to make, no kneading required
- Helps you feel full for longer
All you have to do is add water to the bread mix, let the batter rest for 5 minutes, then shape the bread and place it onto a baking tray. The bread is succulent and tasty, doesn’t crumble and stays fresh for several days. It also freezes well. Tip: Slice the bread before freezing to make it easier to thaw in a toaster pre-serving.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Pour the contents of the bag into a bowl, and add 300 ml of water.
- Mix well, and leave the batter to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Shape into bread or rolls with damp hands, and place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the bread for approx. 60 minutes, until golden. For rolls: about 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely on a rack.
- The bread is best stored wrapped in a bag in the refrigerator.
Ingredients: psyllium, flaxseed, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, fiber from sugar beets, peas and chicory, FiberFin resistant starch, egg powder, pea protein, erythritol sweetener (Sucrin), mineral salt (sodium chloride and potassium chloride), baking powder (bicarbonate sodium hydrogen phosphate)
Production by Funksjonell Mat AS (Norway)
Nutritional per 100g finished bread:
Calories: 145 | Protein: 8,7 g | Carbohydrates: 2,5 g | Dietary fibre: 21,2 g | Fat: 8,4 g
Nutrition per 100 g dry mix:
Calories: 350 | Protein: 18,6 g | Carbohydrates: 5,7 g | Dietary fibre: 45,2 g | Fat: 18,0 g