This bread is full of healthy ingredients and is so nutritionally well-balanced that it can truly be called a super bread. The bread is rich in fibre and easily digested proteins. Additionally, it contains Omega-3 and calcium from Chia seeds. The bread is free from egg, milk, gluten, yeast, sugar and soy. A slice of bread contains only 1.5 g carbohydrates, and tastes so similar to ordinary bread that it’s almost too good to be true.
The bread mix simply needs to be mixed with water, allowed to sit for 3-5 minutes, then shaped out to a bread onto a baking sheet. No kneading or raising is necessary. The bread stays fresh and juicy for several days, and is suitable for freezing. Tip: Slice the bread before freezing. Use a toaster to defrost the bread just before serving.
One pack of the mix gives 500 g of bread.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place the Healthier Chia bread mix in a bowl and add 300 ml of water.
- Mix well and leave the mix to rest for about 3-5 minutes to thicken.
- Spoon directly onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper, and shape into bread or rolls with damp hands.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 60 minutes, until golden. (Rolls: about 25 min)
- Allow to cool completely on a rack.
Ingredients: fiber (sugar beets, chicory, plantain, peas, resistant corn starch), seeds and cereals (sunflower, sesame, flaxseed), pea protein, sweetener: erythritol, 4.8% chia seeds (Salvia hispanica), baking powder ( sodium bicarbonate, diphosphate), mineral salt (potassium chloride, sodium chloride).
Nutritional per 100g finished bread:
Calories: 164 | Protein: 9,6 g | Carbohydrates: 3,3 g | Dietary fibre: 18,0 g | Fat: 8,9 g
Manufactured by Funksjonell Mat AS (Norway)